Hey! I'm Charlie - from Vancouver, Canada. Nice to virtually meet you!
Several years ago I quit investment banking to write code and build (financial) software products.
Presently, I spend my time creating ML / quantitative investing software, skiing / biking in the mountains, and hanging out with my girlfriend and dog.
Things I've Done
- Journey For Jonny: Cycled 4447km Trans-Canada For Cancer. From August 7 to 28 (2021), I biked 4447km from Toronto to Vancouver to raise money for The Canadian Cancer Society and The Jonny Kellock Foundation. The journey was in memory of all Canadian cancer victims, like my dear friend Jonny Kellock.
Things I Wrote
- Y Combinator - Top 50 Software Startups. With descriptions, valuations, and back-end programming languages used. Read by +25,000 people. Tweeted by Matz, the creator of the Ruby programming language.
- How to Host a Podcast. Build an RSS feed. Host your own podcast.
Things I'm Making
- landing_boi. Rails engine for configurable micro-SaaS landing pages.
Things I Made
- Clientelify. Web app to schedule text message reminders to reduce no-shows. No longer actively developed.
- terra_boi. Ruby / Rails gem for AWS infrastructure provisioning and deployment.
- The DEVpreneur Podcast. A podcast for technical entrepreneurs.
Platforms I Use
- Twitter. Where I sporadically share short-form thoughts and pursuits.
- My Blog. Where I share long-form thoughts and pursuits.
- GitHub. Where I deposit spaghetti-code.
- LinkedIn. Where I humble-brag about professional milestones.
- My Newsletter. Where I share articles, podcast episodes, and project updates.
- Strava. Where I share road and mountain bike rides.